Metzger Eye Care ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
Appointments will be required for pick up, repair or adjustment of eyeglasses.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic unless required to perform your eye exam.
We ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We will be happy to dispense eyewear through our optical pick up window. We can also come to your car to dispense
glasses and contact lenses (curbside pickup) weather permitting.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves and masks.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.