Dr. Julie Metzger has been practicing Optometry since 1993. A native of Florence, KY, Dr. Metzger attended Northern Kentucky University before the University of Houston, where she received her Optometry Doctorate degree. Dr. Metzger is Board Certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry.
Dr. Metzger did her training at Commonwealth Eye Surgery in Lexington as well as Ireland Army Hospital in Fort Knox, KY. Dr. Metzger is active in our community:
- Dr. Metzger Aubuchon is a member of the Florence City Council where she has served in that capacity since 1999.
- Dr. Metzger Aubuchon is President of the Kentucky Optometric Association (2010-2011)
- Boone County Board of Health
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Boone County Success by 6
- Past Chair of Board for the NKY Department of Health
- Past National President, United States Junior Chamber
- Diplomate of the American Board of Optometry
- 2017 Outstanding Woman of NKY by NKY Chamber of Commerce
Dr. Metzger serves the needs of patients of all ages but especially enjoys working with children.
Dr. Julie resides in Florence with her husband Pat Aubuchon and their son, Brady.
Congratulations to Dr. Metzger Aubuchon for the following recognition:
- 2011 Women Leading Kentucky Leadership Award Nominee
- 2009 Vision Monday, Top 40 Women in Optical for nation